Everyone loves to play video games. After all, they’re intense and fun at the same time. However, not all games are intense action-based. Minecraft is a game that allows it’s players to build and explore their own worlds and this is a guide on how can players allocate more RAM to their game to make it run smoother than ever so we will learn how to allocate more ram to Minecraft in this article.
Minecraft usually demands at least 2GB of RAM for running properly. Almost everyone today who plays Minecraft probably has more than 2GB of RAM. Then what is the need for this guide? This guide is needed because the game can sometimes get really intense and demand more memory from the device as it might feel the need to run more background processes. The more memory you provide the game with, the better will be your experience.
There are primarily three ways of allocating more memory or RAM to Minecraft and we’re going to discuss all three of them below.
1st Method: Allocating from the default launcher
- The default launcher, as the name suggests is the original game launcher for Minecraft.
- Players are required to open the launcher and select the version they wish to play.
- From the tabs at the top, select Installations, it will lead to a list of multiple versions. If you have set up specific versions to play then move your cursor on it.
- If three dots make an appearance on the right side, click on them and then click Edit.
You should see the below screen items now.
- Go to More options and scroll down until you see JVM Arguments.
- The first part of that whole thing is what you need to change, i.e. -Xmx2G. Change the number ‘2’ to whatever amount of memory you wish to allocate and click on save. Launch the game and boom you’re good to go!
2nd Method: Allocating from the ATLauncher
- This launcher makes it, even more, easier to allocate RAM to your game than the default launcher.
- Open the launcher.
- Select the option of Settings (see the above image) and then click on the Java/Minecraft tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose the second option i.e. Maximum memory/RAM. Type the amount or use the up/down arrows to allocate RAM accordingly.
- Click Save and you’re done!
3rd Method: Allocating from the Twitch/Curse launcher
This launcher allows the player to play a variety of mods of the game (including the normal one) and changing settings here is also easy.
- Click on the three lines in the top right corner, go to Files, and then click Settings.
The below screen is where our business lies.
- Go to Minecraft and scroll down to come across Java Settings. Search for Allocated Memory and click on the slider.
- Adjust the slider as you wish to and then navigate back to Mode and launch the game. Piece of cake right?
These were the ways by which more RAM can be allocated to Minecraft to make the game run smoother and to enhance the overall player experience. Enjoy!
Also Read: Why does Chrome use so much RAM
- Samsung Reduced Price of Galaxy M21 with 6000mAh battery - October 19, 2020
- Nokia launches two new 4G feature phones, starting at Rs 3,140 - October 12, 2020
- Realme Q2 could knock global market next week with fantastic features - October 8, 2020